Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sweet, Simple Faith

(This is Tycee at 14 months old!!)

A few days ago, I was running late for an appointment, and could not find some shoes. Tycee, in her sweet young innocence, said "Mom, I will say a prayer that we can find the shoes". In my mind I laughed and thought this was silly, but of course didn't say that to Tycee, she then proceeded to say a little prayer that we would find the shoes so we wouldn't be late. About 10 seconds later, I found the shoes, and was taught a very important lesson. I told Tycee I had found them, and she said "See Mom? Heavenly Father hears my prayers!!" I learned that nothing is to small or insignificant for Heavenly Father, he just wants to hear from us. Now maybe he won't answer my prayer to find some shoes, (he saves that for the cute 4 year olds!) But he will listen to our small problems, and answer them, even if we think they are silly. And in the mind of my little 4 year old, she learned that He really does hear and answer our prayers. And that he loves her enough to listen to her prayer!! What a great lesson in some sweet, simple faith!!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Very touching, thanks for sharing!

Nichole Horrocks said...

Oh Tina, that is incredible. It is times like that, you can pat yourself on the back for being such a great Mom and teaching your children about the important things in life!!!!